Zero Prostate Cancer 5K Tomorrow!!
Tried of running on the same ol' streets? Then, you gotta be at Charnow Park, tomorrow morning September 29th, it's the Zero Prostate Cancer 5K! Tomorrow#werunhollywoodbeach and all for an amazing cause. We're expecting 400 people #running walking the boardwalk tomorrow morning at 8am, so get here early! All hosted by yours truly & DJ EL. I just finished the course layout and agenda with the Zero Race Director and it's gonna be fabulous event! Don't miss this opportunity to run by the beach minus the sand in your shoes. See you tomorrow morning. Late registration will be open prior to race kick off!
Hollywood Beach Boardwalk – Charnow Park
300 Garfield Street
Hollywood, FL 33019
Lace up your sneakers and join Uromedix at the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run – Miami on Sunday, September 29. The race is part of the ZERO Prostate Cancer Challenge – the premier men’s health event series in America – coming to more than three-dozen cities across the nation in 2013. This tight-knit community activity brings together athletes, doctors, cancer survivors and those who care about them to end prostate cancer. We aim to accomplish our goal by funding research and providing free testing and education.
Where Does the Money Go?
- 50 cents of every dollar raised stays in our local community to fund research, testing and support.
- 50 cents of every dollar funds national advocacy efforts to increase and protect federal dollars for prostate cancer research. Every dollar dedicated to advocacy is converted into $9 for research!
- Since 2008, we have provided more than 50,000 free tests and provided more than $1 million toward local prostate cancer programs and research.
Your Registration and Help
- Your registration fee gives a patient in need a ride to the doctor’s office for treatment.
- A $50 donation educates up to 10 men and their families about prostate cancer.
- Getting friends and family to contribute a total of $100 provides a free test to a man at-risk.
- Raising $250 enables an advocate to spend a day on Capitol Hill demanding millions in research funds.
– See more at: http://miami.zeroprostatecancerrun.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1058600&lis=1&kntae1058600=789885192711472FB4B872E638040ADA#sthash.abURVuKd.dpuf