What Statistic Will You Be This Year?
The other day, I was thinking....every year, many people get so excited to make new years fitness resolutions, but how many people actually get to see them thru? Cause let's face it, without a good fitness plan, it's hard to keep focus and motivated....so, I decided to do a little research. A poll taken in February of 2011 asked 6,723 randomly selected adults 30-50 years of age about their 2010 new years resolutions. The poll revealed the following.....
- 64% of people who made a New Years Resolution to lose at least 20 lbs. in 2010 never even made it out of the gate. That’s right, 64% of them didn’t lose one single pound
- 7% never even tried for any significant length of time (more than 6 weeks)
- Out of the 64% of people who didn’t lose any weight, nearly half (47%) reported to have actually gained weight over the course of the year.
- 19% of participants in the poll lost 5-9 pounds but were not able to maintain progress and gave up or gained it all back.
So, 83% of the people in the poll, who made a resolution to lose weight in 2010, lost less than half the weight they wanted to lose. And even worse, 30% of all the participants actually gained weight over the course of the year.
That sucks… but, let’s hear about the 17% of people who succeeded in their new years resolution.
So we are left with 17% of people who succeeded in losing at least 20lbs. Here is the breakdown of those 17%.
Of those 1,043 people:
- 1022 of them also followed a structured nutritional program created/guided by a personal trainer or nutrition professional
- 928 worked with a personal trainer 2-4 times per week
- 62 worked out at a fitness centers group exercise program at their local gym/YMCA
- 42 followed and self administered exercise program created by a professional (P90x, Insanity, Tae Bo, etc….)
- 10 exercised on their own without any sort of structured fitness program
So what should you take home from this?
- Your chances of successfully losing weight without proper nutritional guidance is slim
- 89% of people who successfuly lose weight, do it working with a personal trainer
- Only .95% of people who “do it alone” succeed
Are you ready for guaranteed results? Training here, you will get results or your money back. Fair enough?
HUNGER 4 FITNESS | Personal Trainer Coral Springs